Sunday, January 8, 2012

Looking back and forward

This past year has been momentous for the Dewhirst family.  Moving out of and renting our home, selling our cars, and moving overseas was quite an adventure, not to mention adjusting to a very different culture and settling in here.  I don't regret a minute of it, and though I miss family, I have gained so much from my broadened horizons.  We left behind many that love us and are praying for us, and we have been embraced and welcomed here by new friends.  We are also thankful for good health and for success in our respective roles.  Finally, we have all certainly set records for number of countries visited in a year's time, six total (USA, Mexico, Hong Kong, Malaysia, Singapore, and Australia).  We have been blessed, indeed; 2011 was a fantastic year!

I am excited about what's in store for 2012, what new adventures, travels, and experiences will befall, and what people we'll meet and befriend.  I'm looking forward to family visiting, experiencing Chinese New Year in a new way (it's my lucky year--I'm a dragon!), and watching the Olympic Games in July.  I want to try new foods, see new places, gain new insights, understand people a little better.  I want quiet moments with my husband, and loud ones chasing kids.  I want to have fun, run on beaches, try something new, and venture a little further outside my comfort bubble.  Bring it on, 2012; I'm ready for you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment